There’s much more to cannabis than THC. For solid proof, look no further than the benefits that CBD offers. Unfortunately, super-potent cannabis flower, with THC percentages of 25 percent and up, dominate dispensary shelves. People have been led to believe that cannabis with more than 25-30% THC means that they’re taking home the best and most potent weed available. The problem is that this is all wrong. All of it.
THC shopping is almost as bad and dumb as buying wine based on how cool the label looks (which is also how some people buy cannabis). High-THC weed doesn’t even get you “more high”!
LET’S TALK CBD FLOWER
You’ve likely seen CBD everywhere from gas station gummies to lifted lattes. But there’s reason to believe smoking high-CBD flower might be one of the most effective ways to experience the potential benefits of CBD.
CBD is often touted as nonpsychoactive or having no psychoactive effects, but it’s more accurately described as nonintoxicating. Why? Even though CBD won’t get you high, that subtly calm feeling you might experience after taking some CBD tincture is technically a psychoactive effect. Any substance that has a direct effect on the function of the brain is considered psychoactive (caffeine, nicotine, etc).
WHY IS SMOKING CBD A GREAT PLACE TO START?
Smoking CBD is one of the most efficient ways to deliver the benefits of the compound into our system. When you smoke, cannabinoids and terpenes enter the bloodstream via the oxygen exchange in the lungs where it interacts with our endocannabinoid system (ECS). This means that the CBD goes into the blood and then directly to the brain rather than being absorbed by the intestines and metabolized in the liver before entering the blood in the case of ingested CBD.
The ECS is an extensive network made up of endocannabinoid messengers, receptors, and enzymes that regulate some of the vital systems in our body to maintain homeostasis (balance).
Of course, there are many ways to ingest CBD; it has been added to lotions and served in elixirs. Different means of ingesting CBD create different levels of bioavailability, a nifty term to convey the speed and extent to which any substance reaches the site of action within the body. This recent study showcases how CBD can regulate and alleviate adverse effects.
SO WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CBD FLOWER?
Regardless of what it is, why is CBD flower suddenly everywhere? There are a lot of reasons and we’ve highlighted a few. While smoking cannabis isn’t ideal for everyone, it can have some unique advantages.
- Smoking CBD has the fastest effects: Out of all of the ways you could possibly imagine using CBD, smoking (inhalation) offers the most effective route of delivery. This means that the benefits of smoking CBD can be felt almost immediately after use.
- Great way to quit cigs: Anyone that has developed a nicotine addiction at one point in their life knows how difficult it is to drop cigarettes like a bad habit. One of the best health benefits of cannabis and CBD pre-rolls is that they’re an effective way to go about quitting smoking cigarettes.
- Not as intoxicating – no “high”: CBD-rich hemp flowers closely resemble the appearance and smell of marijuana, because of the terpenes present. Smoking CBD flower will allow you to relax and get rid of body pain without having an impact on your cognitive abilities.
- Helps with relaxation: Recent studies show that the high amount of THC within marijuana may actually enhance feelings of anxiousness or paranoia. CBD, on the other hand, has been found to help calm the mind. Many people report soothing feelings trickling throughout their body after their first experience with CBD flower.
- Pain reduction and relief: Many people suffer from chronic pain in the body during their daily lives. CBD flower has been demonstrated in a number of studies to help with managing pain and allowing people to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
ARE THERE RISKS TO SMOKING CBD?
Because smoking CBD involves — no shocker here — smoke inhalation, there is the risk of developing respiratory issues. Luckily, smoking CBD doesn’t have the same risks as smoking cigarettes.
In addition to possible respiratory issues caused by smoke inhalation, CBD does interact with some prescription drugs so check with your doctor before smoking it.
WHAT DOES SMOKING CBD FEEL LIKE?
Smoking CBD feels like instant peace of mind and tranquility. Smoking CBD offers the fastest method of delivery of CBD, with effects being felt in as little as 5-10 minutes and lasting for up to 3 hours. In addition to feelings of relaxation, some report feeling a quick relief of swelling and pain after smoking CBD.
Keep in mind, what smoking CBD feels like will vary from person to person based on tolerance, lifestyle factors, and genetics.
The benefits of smoking CBD are: it’s fast-acting, non-psychoactive, supports healthy inflammatory function, may assist those looking to quit tobacco cigarettes, and supports a calm mood.
Check out our line of flowerz CBD flower for premium third-party tested, USA-grown CBD flower.
For more articles like this that investigate the benefits of CBD, you can explore our blog.