The Body’s Natural Endo-cannabinoid System
Every body has an endo-cannabinoid system.
- This system consists of multiple cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are located throughout your brain and central nervous system.
- The endo-cannabinoid system is directly involved in the regulation of many of the body’s normal operations. Your appetite, muscle control, temperature regulation, mood and memory, just to name a few bodily functions you endo-cannabinoid system handles.
- Endo-cannabinoids are essentially messengers that communicate through cannabinoid receptors. Two main receptors in the body are CB1 and CB2. Your endo-cannabinoid system is able to reach its full potential when the CB1 and CB2 receptors are balanced.
Use cannabinoids to reach a natural balance
- Optimal CB1 activity can reduce anxiety, pain, and inflammation. It can also helps to control stress levels, memory and cognitive function.
- In contrast, overstimulation of the CB1 receptor can have many negative effects on the body. Overstimulation can cause anxiety, inflammation and difficulty sleeping.
- Poor diet, processed foods and stress are just a few things that can contributor to overstimulation of the CB1 receptor.
- CBD can gently stimulate the CB2 receptor while acting as an antagonist to the CB1 receptor at the same time. CBD also stimulates receptors outside of the endo-cannabinoid system. This is to help compensate for the overstimulation of the CB1 receptor.
- In summary: CBD can help balance the system and that keeps you balanced!